Medical tourism gaining grounds in India: present scenario and way forward
Medical tourism (also called medical travel, health tourism or global health care) is a term used to describe the rapidly-growing practice of travelling across international borders to seek healthcare services
2. Ministry of Tourism, Government ofIndia, 2010, Tourism statistics at a glance 2009, New Delhi, India 2009.
3. WHO; Medical visas mark growth of Indian medical tourism. WHO Bull 2011.
4. Chravarthy K, Ravi Kumar C, Deepthi K.SWOT analysis on: Medical Tourism paper presented in Conference on MedicalTourism in India Challenges Ahead, IIMK, 15-17, May 2008.
5. Rath SP, Das B, Mishra S, Puthan P. New Avenue of Tourism & Revenue Generation in India-Medical Tourism. Int J Business and Management Tomorrow 2012;2(1):11-14.
6. Kumar GS, Raj RK. Status, growth and impact of medical tourism in India. Int J Pharm Sci Rev Res 2015;34:284–91.
7. Naik N, Lal S. Economic Analysis of Indian Medical Tourism (International Healthcare Destination). IJBMEIT 2013;5:269–77.
8. Kumar A. Medical Tourism emerging as a next growth driver / Travel Trends Today- T3 magazine. Travel Trends Today 2017. https://www.traveltrendstoday.in/news/india-tourism/item/5439-medical-tourism-emerging-as-a-next-growth-driver (Accessed February 3, 2018)
9. Badwe AN, Giri PA, Lati RG. Medical Tourism in India: A New Avenue. Int J Biomed Adv Res 2012;3(3):144-48
10. Advantages of Medical Tourism in India Mediconnect India n.d. http://www.medicalindiatourism. com/advantages.html (Accessed February 3, 2018).
Copyright (c) 2018 Author (s). Published by Siddharth Health Research and Social Welfare Society
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.